One thing I love about being married to Alex is his spontaneity. One day he may wake up and say, "Hey, guys, let's take a trip to ____ " (fill in the blank-could be anywhere). And we are always down for an adventure. So when he woke up on Saturday morning and said, "Hey, guys, let's go to the San Diego Wild Animal Park!", we excitedly hopped in the truck for the ride.
On our way down I started getting nostalgic. The last time Alex and I visited the Wild Animal Park was on our honeymoon 8 years ago. Now, we were going back with our 3 little boys. My how time flies when you're having fun.
The Wild Animal Park is huge. There's so much to see. But the tram ride around the African savanna was our first priority. Nathan was very excited to ride the tram. He even said so, many, many times!
We really enjoyed seeing all of the animals roaming around. Our favorites were the rhinos. Luckily my camera was able to get some good close ups.
And we couldn't miss Condor Ridge. We love Condors around here.
And this picture really gets me because Alex took this same picture 8 years ago on our honeymoon. Now our boys are measuring up to the condor wing span.
We had a great time on our trip. I wish we'd had more time to visit with my brother and sister-in-law while we were down in San Diego but it wasn't a planned trip. With everyone being so sick the last few weeks and Alex stressing about his publishable paper, it was nice to get away and forget about it all for a day. Thanks, Alex!
What a great adventure! And ALMOST exactly 8 years later.
ReplyDeleteYou might be able to call your house the Walker Animal Hospice Center…. They may not usually make it, but there is plenty of gentle loving on their way out! The boys' love of nature is exceptional, and one more reason they are so interesting.
1-I had no idea San Diego had a wild animals park.
ReplyDelete2-I must go there.
3-looks like you guys had a great time. I love your family. All of you.
great pix! the Condor picture was worth it (despite the hike to get there)
ReplyDelete