Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pregnant and puking

I went to the doctor today so they could tell me what I already knew...I'm pregnant! Wow! According to my lmp I'm 8 weeks pregnant. So the next step is to make an appointment at the ob/gyn.

I had my first bout of morning sickness last night. I was a little queasy off and on all day, but about 8pm I wasn't well at all. I laid down for awhile but it didn't help. Within minutes I was face down in the toilet puking my guts out. I tell you, that pomegranate smoothie wasn't as yummy when it came up. I was miserable. But the boys felt so bad for me. They stood around me patting my back (or pounding it!) saying, "Poor, Mommy!". It actually made me feel better. It was the best morning sickness experience I've ever had. :0)

The cravings have begun. This morning I just had to have eggs, grits and hashbrowns. And they were all smothered in cheese. And orange juice to wash it all down. Yum. I hope it stays down. That's a whole lot of orange stuff.

So if what the clinic told me is true and I'm 8 weeks along, then this baby will be due on December 18th. Of course they told me Joshua was due on December 25. Seems like my babies are always born about a week past the due date. Except Nathan of course. And I will never be induced again unless it's extremely dire. That's no fun at all. With Joshua I was in labor for 8 hours. With Christopher, 4 hours. I was hoping Nathan would take 2 hours (!), instead it ended up being 12 hours because of the induction. Yeah, no more inductions for me.

I bought 3 maternity shirts at Ross yesterday. I couldn't resist, they were so cute and super cheap. I truly can't wait to start wearing maternity clothes. I'm lucky enough to be one of those women who is already bloated and pregnant looking at 2 months. So, yeah, I can't wait to wear the stretchies. And, bonus for me, most cute shirts these days are flounced and would work as a maternity shirt!

When I was anxiously thinking about getting pregnant again (after looking at a ton of adorable pictures of my niece!), I totally put the morning sickness out of my mind. What was I thinking? Taking care of 3 boys while you're puking and dizzy is not easy. :oP

3 comments:

  1. "poor mommy!" indeed! Sounds awful. I'm betting you also put all those sleepless nights and feeling genuinely crappy the first few weeks out of your mind too :) But after it al you get another ADORABLE little tiny cuddly baby. I can't wait! Hopefully you will only be sick the first trimester, which is 5 days past 2/3 over already!!

    Does candied ginger help you? When I was nauseas it helped me...I never actually threw up though (no, not rubbing salt in the wound, just saying). Also, have you tried those lolipops that are supposed to help? They have them here at Babies R Us-I could send some if they help.

    My Dr's told me to eat something every morning (keep power bars or crackers beside) and drink an entire bottle/glass of water before I even lift my head off the pillow, then when I start to feel sick eat crackers or bread again, even if it sounds gross. I have a whole paper they gave me on morning sickness and how to (try to) stop it. If you haven't been given something like it (my friend's Dr's didn't give her the kind of stuff mine did, so I'm assuming not all do) I'm happy to send your way.

    And 8 hr labor first baby-no fair!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My shortest labor was 8 hours. Lucky you. I'm with you on the inductions. I had one with Timothy, and I'd rather not do that again.
    Your morning sickness sounds awful. I'm sorry. Ironically the thing that helped me to not be sick was to eat. If I felt a little queasy I would eat some crackers or whatever and then I'd be fine - no wonder I gained 40 lbs each time! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I've started using the Preggie Pops and they seem to really help in the afternoons to settle my stomach. But nothing helps in the evenings. Luckily I'm not sick in the morning-which I am SO thankful for! But, yes I have to make sure I eat all day or I feel queasy and dizzy. Unfortunately for me the ginger and crackers don't help. And knowing my children the way I do-I wouldn't doubt that they were already trying to be ornery! :0P

    ReplyDelete