Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day to me!

I had a great Mother's Day. Initially, Alex, Joshua and Christopher were supposed to go on a Father/Son camp out with the Stake but that was canceled due to the fires. So we hung out together and went to church. The primary sang some songs in sacrament. I was proud of the boys for going up, even though they didn't sing! In fact, Christopher chose to stand in the back and peered around the kid in front of him making faces at me. :oP

After church I was starving so I ate 2 tuna sandwiches with a ridiculous amount of olive oil, red onions, tomato and black pepper (more than the amount of tuna!), then regretted it. Alex gave me a break by taking the boys to the playground and garden and I really appreciated it! I rested, then took a nice warm shower. When the boys got back they presented me with a bucket full of hand picked flowers. Christopher told me he picked them for me because he "really liked me".


I also got alot of other great gifts. Joshua gave me 2 very cute cards, one from the store and one he made at school.




And Christopher gave me a sweet card he made at school. It says, "I love Mom because she makes dinner". I love cards like these. Even though they sound silly to an adult, to a mom it means that your children actually do appreciate your hard work!

Alex got me some yummy chocolates as well as some cool CDs. I got the Bangles "Greatest Hits" and "The Hits of 2000" (which is the year we started dating). Alex knows I love the old stuff. :0)

So I went to bed a pretty happy mother. The happy mother of 3 and 1/2. :0)

2 comments:

  1. Jenny, I looked for the little kids standing on the podium and not singing yesterday. They remind me of my babies. I think it is even sweeter for them to go up on the stand because it is so clear that is the LAST place they want to be.

    I love the last card. Was that one from Alex?

    I'm glad you had a good day and that those four boys know how to tell you they love you. XOXO, Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful flowers!Joshua's card to you is priceless. So sweet to see how much the boys love you-all 4 of them.

    Ugh, when I was pregnant like the only thing I couldn't stand were onions, as in puke on sight, smell, or taste.

    ReplyDelete