Tonight while driving down Los Carneros Rd on our way to a Tenants' Association meeting, I happened to see a snake in the road. Of course we pulled u-y and rescued it. Poor little guy was run over and in pretty bad shape. But we decided to keep him and see if we could help him out.
Joshua gently held it on his lap.
But the poor little guy didn't make it. So what do we do with snakes that have passed? Skin them, of course.
Here it is on Alex's work bench. It was a beautiful snake, almost 4 feet long.
Much more attractive then I am in this picture.
I was thinking we should be called "Walker Rescue Center" but then I realized that all the animals we "rescue" end up dead, so maybe that's not an appropriate name after all! In fact, snakes should beware if they see our red truck stop!
We rescued a bird the other day from being mauled by a cat...not quite a snake. ( BTW, Alex definitely married the right person.)
ReplyDeletePoor snake. It was fun to have Chris talk my ear off while I skinned it. We'll get the skin laminated after the fire dies down.
ReplyDelete