My sleep schedule is a mess. Tonight I was exhausted and went to bed at 9pm, then woke up at 12:30am and couldn't go back to sleep. So I'm now watching The Office and eating a yummy sesame seed bagel and sipping chamomile tea. I can hear Alex upstairs snoring and I'm jealous. Although, the man did go to bed at 3:30am yesterday morning and had to get up for a workshop by 9am.
The boys were wonderful at bedtime tonight. They brushed their own teeth and went to bed without argument. Joshua wasn't even really tired but he indulged me anyway and hopped into bed because I wasn't feeling well. What a sweet boy.
I indulged myself at Supercuts today. I knew Alex got out of his workshop at 3pm and somehow roped him into watching the kids while I went to get a hair cut. The boys dropped me off and I actually got a whole hour ALONE. I checked out the thrift store (found nothing), then hit up Ralph's salad bar where I scarfed down mostly lettuce and mushrooms (which I ended up "getting rid of" later tonight). But once I got called for my hair cut I figured why not a shampoo? And why not a deep conditioning treatment? Oh, my goodness, that scalp massage was wonderful! But I had the lady cut my hair too short and now it's poofy. Oh well. It was worth it for that massage!
I actually felt pretty well today. I busted out my sewing machine and finished up at project I'd been working on. I decided the next thing I'd like to make are eye pillows using lavender and chamomile, maybe peppermint; something soothing and comforting because I feel like indulging myself even more. And maybe I'll spread the indulgence to other mommies too! :0)
The other day Alex told me I should eat more fish for the omega-3s because he heard that being pregnant in your 30s is riskier than in your 20s. Though I know this to be true, I didn't appreciate feeling old! Yet I can't help but appreciate his concern. Oh, and I've developed this annoying cough which I believe is due to the terrible taste in my mouth and trouble catching my breath sometimes. When I mentioned this to Alex over lunch the other day he responded, "Yeah, it's annoying." There was a time when I would have burst into tears because of this somewhat insensitive response, but after 8 years of marriage, now 4 pregnancies, and my understanding of Walker ocd, I just laughed. Deal with it!
Okay, I think I'm finally getting tired now that I've eaten and watched 4 episodes of The Office. It's now 2:15am. Good night.
Be careful with the fish consumption! You are only supposed to have fish once a month, and only the low mercury ones (meaning no halibut or snapper, my favorites!) Salmon from a fish farm is OK, but be careful of fresh catches. Cute that he's so concerned. :)
ReplyDeleteHope you feel better soon and have a decent 2nd timester before the bloated hell that is the 3rd!
Thanks for the warning. I don't really eat a lot of fish anyway. The only fish I really like is salmon, but I hardly ever eat it because only Josh and I like it. I've pretty much steered clear of fish for all of my pregnancies. Alex heard that canned tuna was okay for pregnant women now. To be honest, I hate food right now!
ReplyDeleteWhat I loved about your entry was your response to Alex's compassionate comment! What a lucky man he is. And now about the cough, is it something that should be checked out?
ReplyDeleteAnd one more thing. . .all three of my children were born when I was in my thirties. We did okay without fish. Prenatals. Nuts. Fresh veggies. All good!
ReplyDelete